This conversation with Kishshana and her guest Ajuah Helton (who happens to be one of her best friends) needed cocktails because THIS conversation explores women of color in the workplace and the winding road we take from honeymoon Helen to “have a nice life” Harriot. Get ready to unpack the “problem” women of color in the workplace and how companies and organizational leaders at every level have a responsibility to to make sure we cut this destructive mess OUT!
- The problem of women of color in the workplace (7:32)
- Who is being asked to be the “equity leader” in your organization? (11:08)
- The infrastructure is squeezing the life out of you (15:02)
- Why it takes more than one hire to “fix” inequity in your organization (21:21)
- Why “where 2 or 3 are gathered works at church but not at work (28:43)
- Disruption is expensive (37:38)
- Why “stir fry” diversity efforts will have you doing the same work over and over again (45:31)