Speaker, Educator, Trainer,
Coach and Recovering Fundraiser
I AM YOUR RESIDENT Queen of Focus
AND Leadership Wiz.
I’m super (and I mean jump on Oprah’s couch alá Tom Cruise) passionate about helping career professionals and entrepreneurs like you grow your management and leadership skills.
Too many people are in management positions that are struggling to manage
and because of that are struggling to lead. I think that’s because of three things:
- Not having practical management skills that matter
- Not being focused enough to prioritize what to learn or what you should be doing right now
- Straight up embarrassment. Who wants to say “hey my name is Madeline and I’m a manager who can’t manage?” -- No one!
I started my first management role at 22 and went from fresh out of graduate school to managing a team of 12 and a million dollar budget in an instant. I didn’t know WHAT I was doing or how to inspire and empower my team to meet and exceed our goals. I fumbled around for my first two years - confused, struggling and trying to read management books and practice what I read. Eek! I could have been so much better earlier had I known where to go to get help! But I was too embarrassed to ask for fear of being seen as inadequate.
You know that feeling, right?
But the good news is - I realized in those early years that despite my lack of “know how” I had a gift for managing people. I understood what motivated people, what peoples best gifts were and how to activate them to do their best work. So I got down to business learning how to manage well and here are some of my results for my teams:
In 17 Years I’ve had 7 Teams. I’ve managed 50+ professionals. 3 terminations. Countless promotions. All but 6 people are still in the Social Sector as Development + Communications Professionals. All of them have moved into management and senior leadership positions in their respective organizations
(I’m brushing my shoulders off at this one!)
HERE'S A LITTLE MORE
- I’m an NYC Girl by way of Jamaica, WI; all grown up.
- I am a huge fan of 90’s Hip Hop + R&B and live music in small venues.
- Life is just better because of my faith, family and music.
- I am a sucka for a good shoe (blame my daddy) and timeless fashion.
- I’ve been known to grab my passport and just go!
- I’m a solo mama of one amazing teenager.
For general inquiries or comments, email email@example.com