You’re in the market for a consultant, right?
So there are some things you should know about working with me. I’m not your average non-profit consultant. I’m not a talking head. I probably won’t tell you everything you want to hear. Are you ready to run yet? No? Good!
I want you to think of me as your friend…a good friend. You know that friend you had in college; the one who you could just be yourself with? Go ahead…take a trip down memory lane. Are you there yet? Yes! That friend! That’s ME! So now you’re all warm and fuzzy. You feel like you’ve found your favorite blanket and you’re ready to tuck into the favorite part of your couch and tell me everything…right?
Well before I excite you (and I know if you’re anything like me the suspense is killing you) I want you to know something.
You might find this hard to believe but I am not for everyone. No really…I’m not.
I might be irreverent at times and maybe too colloquial for your usual taste. I’m the kind of friend that will tell you the truth. The truth about where you are as an executive. The truth about where you are as a board. The truth about where your organization is headed. About how you can really attract donor –investors or recruit and retain amazing talent. The truth about what it will REALLY take to make sure your nonprofit grows from awesome to AMAZING. I will help you create your next bright idea.
Like a good friend I will support you but I will tell you what I really think; what my gut says is the issue and what the data supports. I will ask you to look deeper. To be introspective. To think. I help you get clear.
Like a good friend…a true friend…I will always have your best interests at heart. Because ultimately I’m here for you.
So here are some things to keep in mind and some frequently asked questions that can help you decide if you think we’ll be a good fit
This is for you if:
• You know you need to make some changes and you are tired of losing sleep over it
• You want this to be your best fiscal year ever
• You are tired of being on the hamster wheel of busy and you want off
• You are ready to take a leap to the next level of awesome leadership
• You are FUN (but drats! Work has made you a lot less fun and you want YOU back)
This is not for you if:
• You aren’t willing to hear some truth telling
• You want to crockpot this work (no folks – you cannot set it and forget it)
• You want Kool-aid success (there will be NO mix and stir success at this party)
• You are so buttoned up and take yourself so seriously you can’t see the joy in connecting passionate people to your mission
• You don’t know what you want AND you’re not in a position to make a decision about it
Still hanging with me? C’mon then – let’s get this party started!
Q:Does coaching really work?
A: If you want it to. Like exercise or therapy or any kind of self -care, you get out of it what you put into it. As my mentor in my head Iyanla Vanzant says “you have to do the work”.
Q: I’m just getting started as a non-profit. Can you help me?
A: Sure! Depending on your budget, I have everything from free resources to webinars, self-starter packs and working with me 1:1. And a couple times a year I offer a group launch for budding social entrepreneurs.
Q: How long does strategic planning take?
A: It takes as long as it takes (really it does!) But in reality depending on your organization’s needs (and the real life comings and goings of your leadership team) I would plan on at least 4-6 months.
Q: What kind of board training do you do?
A: The kind that will have your board fist pumping and racing to be ambassadors for your organization. That means board governance best practices, recruitment, fundraising and facilitated retreats. I use BoardSource best practices and methodology as my base combined with my own “special sauce”