I do what I do because I believe that doing good doesn’t have to be so hard.
My goal in life is to help nonprofits break out of their organizational and fundraising rut and help entrepreneurs put a little “do good” in your business model.
I am committed to helping you:
- come up with bright ideas that will propel your organization’s mission
- get the resources (financial, programmatic and people) you need to grow and thrive and be around for the long haul
- align your business with a charity that fits your values and your bottom line
- be badass professionals (and I can throw in some fashion advice too)!
It all started for me in junior high school. I volunteered at a tutoring center and I wanted to raise money for more books and supplies for the elementary school kids I tutored. I got all my friends together and we raised a ton of money to help younger kids in OUR neighborhood. How’d I do it? Well by 13, my mom had drilled it into my brain that helping people was a gift. So I was fearless and wouldn’t take no for an answer. I told my friends that despite being from the ‘hood, we were able to get a good education because we were smart and we had books! Other kids needed that too. Helping people and getting others to do the same stuck with me all the way through college. I even received a service scholarship! Woot!
Fast-forward right after undergrad and my first real job in Investment Banking. I realized I had nice clothes and a great salary but I wasn’t really HELPING people. I was at my desk all day (and folks I still hate being chained to a desk) and wasn’t really using my gifts and to make it worse – no one sees your awesome fashions when you’re at a desk.
So I decided right then I was going to help people. But I had no idea HOW! After grad school, I applied for a TON of jobs and let me tell you I don’t even remember applying for my first fundraising job. WHAT!?! Listen to me folks – I didn’t choose the development life…the development life chose ME!
Over the last 15 years, I’ve been able to:
- Raise over $45 million dollars (and counting ya’ll)
- Managed a lot of teams - from start up teams to established ones I’ve inherited
- Created marketing strategies that raised brand profiles
- Train boards and executives on how to serve joyfully and inspire radical transformation in their organizations
- Get Certified – Became a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) +BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer
- Sit on a bunch of great non-profit boards and a whole lot of event committees
- Stay active in my community (so yeah – spread love!)
So now I want to help you be your best most awesome self (and your organization too)!
Here’s how you can work with me:
• 1:1 coaching with me – I’m not your typical coach. I’m like your friend who tells you like it is, adds some clarity to your vision & helps you chart a course to the most awesome you
• STOP & Fix: Consulting for nonprofits from the behemoth to the just getting started
• Energize your board + Train your staff through Board POW and Rally the Troops
• Take one of my e-courses… it just might rock your world. Learn BABY…Learn
• Drizzle some awesome sauce on your audience and have me come speak at your next conference, show or event
• Get advice on making your non-profit shine with my newsletter, Fabulously Fundraising